San Mateo, CA, or Remote (US)
Our Medical Director is responsible for the direction of all clinical aspects of our service. In this role you’ll collaborate with the leaders of our customers (health systems, physician practices, and other care providers) to establish best practices and refine care using our RPM platform.
Harmonize Health is a passionate team of clinicians, data scientists and developers solving big problems in healthcare. We’ve developed the leading remote patient monitoring platform used in healthcare and we’re just getting started! This is a great place for you if you want to have impact, create positive change and have fun while you’re doing it! We take our mission (but not ourselves) very seriously and we’re on a path to make serious improvements in healthcare. Like what you hear? Read on!
We’re Hiring a Rockstar Medical Director!
Our remote patient management platform (RPM) is the industry leading tool for managing chronically ill patients. But it’s just technology without great clinical insights - that’s where the Medical Director lives and breathes. Reporting to our co-founder and CMO, you’ll be responsible for the direction of all clinical aspects of our service. In this role you’ll collaborate with the leaders of our customers (health systems, physician practices, and other care providers) to establish best practices and refine care. You’ll be in charge of quality, safety and service of care provided and you’ll be actively involved in performance improvement initiatives to improve care, treatment and services and mitigate the risk of harm for patients served. You’ll provide leadership for regulatory and accreditation compliance as related to the quality and safety of care delivered.
Here’s What You’ll Bring
- A medical degree and board certification in family medicine, Internal medicine or emergency care;
- A current license and certification to practice medicine;
- 15 years’ experience in clinical medicine;
- 5 years’ experience in hospital / Medical group / Health plan management;
- 5 years’ experience in medical group or affiliated group leadership or management position;
- Experience with heath care research programs;
- Experience with multiple payer types including medicare, fee for service, at risk, etc;
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills;
- Good computer and electronic record skills;
- Excellent managerial and organizational skills;
- Ability to manage well in remote settings – patients and organizational leaders;
- Adept at learning new technology and processes;
- A general understanding of the economic implications of healthcare services.
Here’s What You’ll Do
- Plan group operations and assess necessary resources;
- Recruit and manage all medical personnel (physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, etc);
- Supervise all activities of clinical service;
- Provide oversight to the policies, procedures and protocols for the clinical care team;
- Ensure care is delivered in a safe and well-organized manner;
- Manage staff education and training to provide continuous learning opportunities;
- Collaborate on and manage to appropriate performance metrics and financial metrics;
- Collaborate with others at the company to improve the service;
- Support customer relationships;
- Develop and enhance medical policies;
- Ensure staff and facility's compliance with federal and state regulations and codes;
- Provide insights into the data collected to improve health outcomes of the patients.
Here’s Why We Think You’ll Love Us
- We’re pursuing an incredibly important mission.
- We have an ambitious, fun culture.
- We’re a crew of “do-ers” not talkers.
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
- We’ll give you (and everyone else) a dozen pad company holidays.
- We have a remote/flex office strategy.
- We offer “Unlimited” PTO.
If you think this sounds exciting, we’d love to talk!